Sunday, May 1, 2011

TKAM Blog Post # 2: Chapters 4-9

Atticus

         My name is Atticus and I have two kids, Jem and Scout. A while ago I caught them trying to give Boo Radley, a neighbor who never comes out the house, a letter by attaching it to a pole, and trying to reach it into his house. What were they thinking? That was invading his privacy! They should stop tormenting him. If Boo doesn't want to get out of the house then let him be. I love my kids but sometimes they do the oddest things.


        Recently my kids made a snowman! I was quite impressed though it looked like they were trying to make Mr. Avery. I can tell they were very proud of it.  Miss Maudie's house caught on fire. She is a neighbor as well as a friend. I wonder how that happened! I told the kids to go wait down by the Radley's place and to stay there until it was safe to come back. Scout, my daughter, got a surprise visit by Boo Radley! I suppose that he came out and put a blanket onto her. At first I was a little concerned that that happened, but yet thankful because without it Scout would have gotten sick! I was also worried that she didn't realize that happened therefore he could of done something unfriendly to her. I also pray that Miss Maudie is going to be fine since her house burnt down. 


         Christmas time was where things got a little out of control. Unfortunately, Scout got into a fight with her cousin named Francis. She punched him in the face! It really upset me that she would do that, especially to her own blood. I also felt ashamed that my whole family had to know about it, and also see it occur! I really hope that Scout learns from this because it's not okay to do what she did. She later explained to me that Francis was calling me a nigger-lover, and it especially upset her because he was saying it in a snotty way. I thought she could handle all the talks about me and I really hope that she does keep her head high when worse things come. And it will come.

1 comment:

  1. I like how Atticus is giving his opinions on everything... And how he talks about his kids. One thing that you could explain a little better is clarify everything. And tell us what happened. For example how her house burnt down. Also check the grammar.

    ReplyDelete