Sunday, May 29, 2011

TKAM Blog Post # 6: EXTRA CREDIT

Jem

          I can't believe this right now. I can't believe it! Guess what happened?  Well first of all yesterday was Halloween and it was probably the most craziest one I've ever experienced. We were walking home from a school event and I heard something behind us. I had a feeling someone was following us. It was probably Cecil since he did it on the way to the Halloween pageant. I told Scout to stay quiet so I can hear it better but she ended up screaming out "Cecil Jacobs is a big wet hen!" No reply. Suddenly, my heart started to sink. Cecil definitely would of said something by now. I called something out myself and there was no reply. The person behind us suddenly started to bolt towards us, and I knew that their obligation was not a friendly one. I knew they wanted to hurt us. Me and Scout ran as fast as we could but then Scout tripped which sort of frustrated me because now they were going to get us. I had to help her though; she's my little sister. When we got back up again, the person pulled me back, and shoved me to the floor. I didn't know what to think! All I knew at that moment was that this might be my last moment. The person suddenly did something to my arm that has never been done before. I felt the bone inside of arm break in half. Pain was streaming from the tips of my fingers to the top of my shoulder and my body felt hot. I screamed as loud as I could to justify the pain but of course it wasn't much. Suddenly every thing went black.

         I woke up to the shining light of daytime and yawned. I tried to put my arms above my head to stretch but then I realized I couldn't move my left arm. I panicked then lifted my head and saw Atticus smiling right at me. I didn't understand why he was there. Atticus explained everything that happened last night and I was in too much disbelief to talk. Bob Ewell tried to kill me and Scout, but Boo Radley saved us? I couldn't believe that Bob Ewell actually had the nerve to try and kill children! What kind of sick mind would do that? Anyways, thank God that Boo was there! I knew it all along! I knew that he wasn't how everyone said he was. He wasn't crazy; if it weren't for him me and Scout would of been dead today. I can't even believe that Scout actually got to see Boo Radley in person though! That has been our mission for years. For him to be in our house, to be in my room, and I wasn't conscious?! I can't even explain my feelings right now except say that I'm very upset and disappointed that I missed an opportunity to meet someone whose been hiding in his house for decades, which was probably my only opportunity. 

         Scout told me her personal view on what happened last night. She got to hang out with him for quite a while, and then walk him home and step foot on their porch. It was almost a fake story but Atticus said it was true. I couldn't help but be a poor sport about it - I mean how would you react to this? I then realized that Boo had killed Bob Ewell. That was something that I'd never guess would happen! I knew he wasn't the crazy guy people had rumored him to be, but a killer? I'm very appreciative of him though because he saved me and my sister's lives and that was enough to know what a great guy he was.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment